2019 Maui Marathon Expo
The 2019 Maui Marathon Expo will be held Friday October 11 and Saturday October 12 in the Valley Isle Ballroom at the The Westin Maui Resort & Spa.
Friday, October 11th – 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 12th – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Expo is free and open to the public, bring your friends and family! The expo is the place pick up your packet (which includes your t-shirt & race bib), purchase souvenirs, and running apparel/accessories. Plus it is the only place to get your Official Maui Marathon and Half Marathon gear!
- IMPORTANT: THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP – Registered runners must pick up race packets at the Expo.
- Bring a valid ID to pick up your race packet.
- Participants can pickup packets for others with valid ID + letter from the runner stating you are picking up a packet on their behalf.
- Your race packet contains your running bib number with an embedded timing chip and your race t-shirt. The timing chip is embedded in your race number. It is important you do not bend or damage the bib number, as it may affect your chip time.
- If you need to make changes to your registration such as an address change, please see the Solutions Desk and they will be available to make changes.
- Late race entries are accepted at the expo until 5pm on Saturday October 12.
- Visit the information desk for any last minute questions and to check the shuttle schedule.
Valet Parking for the Maui Marathon Expo
Race Registration Pricing at the Expo
- Full Marathon $165 ($120 Military)
- Full Marathon Relays $350
- Half Marathon $145 ($105 Military)
- 10K Run $60 ($45 Military)
- 5K Run $50 ($35 Military)
This year we are pleased to have Peter Sagal, Author of the book, “The Incomplete Book of Running” and host of NPR’s popular news quiz show, “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me” running the full Maui Marathon.
Peter is an accomplished runner having completed 14 Boston marathons . His book “The Incomplete Book of Running” is a funny, wise, and powerful meditation about running and life that share stories, advice, and warnings he’s learned over his long and checkered career on the pavement.
Peter said, “As I get older, and no longer care much about my finishing time, I’m more interesting in marathoning as kind of tourism and also for a way to meet a community. Yes, it’s fun to be one of 50 thousand people in a major city marathon…but it’s more fun to travel slowly through a place I’ve never been with the people that live and run there. Plus, hey, it’s Maui”
In addition to running the marathon, Peter will be giving a brief talk at the expo stage on Saturday October 12th, in the morning at 11:00 AM and afternoon at 2:00 PM and both sessions will be followed by a book signing.
You will be able purchase a book and meet Peter. All proceeds from the book sales will go to Girls on the Run Hawaii. Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of healthy and fitness. Learn more about SoleMates | GOTR Hawaii.
Peter will also be participating in the shake out run on Saturday morning from The Westin Maui Resort & Spa.
Vendors / Exhibitors
If you are interested in having a booth at the 2019 Maui Marathon Expo or would like to place your company’s information/product sample in the participant “goodie bag” you can download an application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For vendors already registered, please check with Tambara for information about the expo space and where you will be located.