Skip to content
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED – Smoking or Vaping will not be allowed near the start or finish line areas.
- Please do not use headphones while going though aid stations or if you see emergency vehicles on the road way or along side of the road
- Always follow the directions of all race officials, Police and emergency service personnel
- Assistance received from any source other than an official of the Maui Marathon may result in disqualification.
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right
- Wheel chair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering
- Absolutely no coaches, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the race course at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No running in the opposite direction at any time
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to, cancellation of the event or of your participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. An event may be canceled or changed due to severe weather or other factors that threaten the safety of participants, staff, or volunteers.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate and you may not sell your race number to anyone else. Entries may not be rolled over to another year.
- Runners who participate in races they are not registered for will be disqualified.
- Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
- There is an 8 hour time limit for the full marathon. Anyone on the course beyond the time limit will be asked to move off the road for safety reasons.
- No hand cycles (hand bikes, hand crank devices or other mechanically gear driven devices) are permitted on the courses. Athletes planning to complete in the wheelchair division must use push-rim wheelchairs on the 10k and 5k courses. They will not be allowed in the full and half marathon races. Athletes planning to compete in the wheelchair division should notify the race by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Duo wheelchairs designed to push those who are mobility-impaired are allowed in the Maui Marathon 5K & 10K race events only with prior approval. Please notify the race by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following items are not permitted on the courses to assure runner safety and to comply with liability insurance requirements: unauthorized vehicles, bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or inline skates. Dogs are also prohibited on all race courses.
- Race numbers are required in order to participate and must be worn on race day. The race bib must be visible and worn on the front of your body outside of all clothing during the entire race. Runners who participate in races they are not registered for will be disqualified.
- Do not forget your bib on race day; without a bib, you will not receive a time! Race bibs are also required to board any of the shuttle buses.
- The use of personal music devices (headphones, iPods, MP3 players, CDs, tape Walkmans, radios, etc.) are strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, Maui Marathon encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of any Maui Marathon events.