The 47th Annual Maui Marathon is a Boston Marathon Qualifier
Ho’okele St. Kahului Maui 5:00am
Please be aware that the following race times are the current times for the 2017 event. Please be clear on which times you will be running. It is recommended that you arrive to the race one hour before your race starts, and to the start area at least 20 minutes before the gun goes off. If you are not at the start area when the gun is fired, you may not be allowed to start.
PACKET PICK UP
Each athlete must pick up their race packet at the Westin Resort and Spa at the Valley Isle Ballroom during the Health and Fitness Expo at the following times:
|Friday, October 13th:||12:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday, October 14th:||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
All race changes must be done during Health and Fitness Expo hours. There will be no changes after expo hours.
Goodie Bag includes:
-Bib number with timing strip fixed to it. Pins for bib number.
-Coupons and other items from sponsors
Race Bib instructions:
1. Make sure bib is pinned to the front of your body, not in the back.
2. Make sure it is visible to race officials when on course and coming through finish line. If not visible, your time or placement will not be accurate.
3. Make sure your bib has your name on it and if you have any medical concerns race officials should know, please put that info on the back of your bib.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water and Powerade.
- Know time schedule and double check the schedule to be sure it did not change.
- Arrive on time to start line.
- Warm up properly.
- Use the aid stations on the course.
- Use toilets on course if you need to.
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body.
- Make sure you have emergency contact information with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it.
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
GETTING TO START LINE
Full Marathon-Shuttle buses will leave at on Sunday the 15th at 3:15 am in front of Westin Maui Resort and Spa. Last bus will leave at 3:45 am. Shuttle will take you to Ho’okele St. in Kahului.
Extra parking will be available at the Lahaina Civic Center with shuttle bus service to the finish line area for the Westin Maui Resort bus point starting at 3:00 am. Please be aware that buses to the start line begin service at 3:15, and the last bus will leave from Kaanapali at 3:45. Please do not be late as there are no reserve buses or additional transportation to the start line.
Participants may be dropped off adjacent to the start line location, however there is NO PARKING for private vehicles at the start line area. Runners returning on the shuttle bus to Kahului will be dropped off at the Walmart parking lot. Shuttle buses leave Kaanapali at 10:00am and 12:00pm, and will arrive in Kahului as traffic permits.
Finish line will have fruit, water, Gatorade, and other goodies to eat as you cross the finish line. You may also bring a little money as there will be other items to buy at the finish line area.
We will have David O. Baldwin Photography – Hawaiiphotoman taking pictures after you finish. You may purchase them online a few days after the race is done.
If you have not purchased Maui Marathon merchandise or wanted to purchase more, you may do so after the race close to the finish line area.
We will have an Info Booth available if you have any questions for both English and Japanese runners to give you information about post event schedule and activities.
Post race clothing pickup will be available at the finish line. Please look for sign to pick up your belongings. If belongings are not picked up after race, they will be donated to a charity organization or thrown away 72 hours after event.
Awards will be presented – TBD.
Smoking or Vaping will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
Powerade will be the official drink of the the Maui Marathon. It will be at all 20 aid stations on the course. Please train with it if you can. This drink will help replenish the electrolytes that you lose while out on the course and sweating. Flavor will be a fruit flavor. Please replenish electrolytes as you run!
There will be a medical tent at the finish line helping anyone in need of assistance before, during and after the race. We will also have medical vans on the course just in case runners need help during race and need assistance to go back to finish line. We will have 4 nurses stations on the course as well, to help with any needs runners may have during race. Aid stations 4,9,13, and 16 will have nurses stations. We will also have a runner pick up van that will pick up runners who can not finish race, but who are not in need of medical attention. Medical will be closed promptly at 2:00pm***.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- Be aware of traffic and surroundings at all times both during and pre/post events. If you need to cross the street at any time, look before you do so.
- The use of iPods, mp3 players, or any other devices which distract you are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants.
- Always follow the directions of all race officials, Police and emergency service personnel.
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field.
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
- Wheel chair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering.
- No running in the opposite direction at all times.
- Use of vehicles to take you to finish line and finishing through the finish chute is prohibited.
- There is an 8 hour time limit for the full marathon. Anyone on the course beyond the time limit will be picked up and brought to the finish area for safety reasons.
- Participants MUST BE 16 Years of age or older to participate in the Maui Marathon.
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
The chip timing tag will be on the back of the bib number. The marathon will have a several timing splits on the course. If you lose or do not put on your bib number, you will not be timed. Results will be posted at the finish line area post race, and online right after the event.
FINISHER MEDALS/FINISHERS SHIRT
A commemorative finisher medal will be given to all runners as they come through the finish line. Participant shirt can be picked up at the Health And Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday and sizes can be exchanged after races are done if shirts have not been worn and the correct size is available.