Sunday, October 15th
START TIME & LOCATION
The Maui Tacos 10K will start at 6:15am. Start line is located across from the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, in the marathon finish grounds.
Please be clear on the time you will be running. It is recommended that you arrive to the race venue one hour before your race starts, and to the start area at least 20 minutes before the gun goes off. If you are not at the start area when the gun is fired, you may not be allowed to start.
PACKET PICK UP
Each athlete must pick up their race packet at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa at the Valley Isle Ballroom during the Health and Fitness Expo on the following days:
|Friday, October 13th:||12:00pm-6:00pm|
|Saturday, October 14th:||9:00am-5:00pm|
All race changes must be done during Health and Fitness Expo hours. There will be no changes after expo hours.
Race Bib instructions:
1. Make sure bib is fixed in the front of your body, not in the back.
2. Make sure it is visible to race officials when on course and coming through finish line. If not visible, your time or placement will not be accurate.
3. Make sure your bib has your name on it and if you have any medical concerns race officials should know, please put that info on the back of your bib.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
- Stay hydrated so drink water and Gatorade.
- Know time schedule and double check to be sure it did not change.
- Arrive on time to start line.
- Warm up properly.
- Use the aid stations on the course.
- Make sure you have race bib on correctly in front of body.
- Make sure you have emergency contact with you.
- Run smart and don’t over do it.
- Have fun and take pictures if you want!!!
GETTING TO START LINE
Parking will be at the Lahaina Civic Center located at 1840 Honoapiilani Hwy. Shuttle bus service will run continuously from 2:00am till 1:00pm to and from the finish line area.
Finish line will have fruit, and water available as you cross the finish line. You may also bring a little money as there will be other items to buy at the finish line.
We will have David O. Baldwin Photography – Hawaiiphotoman will be taking pictures after you finish. You may purchase them online a few days after the race is done.
If you have not purchased Maui Marathon merchandise or wanted to purchase more, you may do so after the race close to the finish line area.
We will have an Info Booth available if you have any questions for both English and Japanese runners to give you information about post event schedule and activities.
Awards for the 10K & 5K will be presented at 8:30am at the Ka’anapali Beach Resort Oceanside lawn.
Smoking will not be allowed near the finish line area. Please adhere to this request.
Gatorade will be the official drink of the Maui Marathon. It will be at both aid stations on the course. Please train with it if you can. This drink will help replenish the electrolytes that you lose while out on the course and sweating. Flavor will be fruit flavor.
RACE ETIQUETTE AND POLICIES
- Be aware of traffic and surroundings at all times both during and pre/post events. If you need to cross the street at any time, look before you do so.
- The use of iPods and mp3 players are discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants.
- Always follow the directions of all race officials, Police and emergency service personnel.
- Slower runners or walkers must start from the rear of the field.
- Be aware of your surroundings and traffic.
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right.
- Wheelchair athletes are welcome, but must be approved prior to entering.
- No running in the opposite direction at all times.
- Use of vehicles to take you to finish line and finishing through the finish chute is prohibited.
RACE TIMING AND RESULTS
The chip timing tag will be on the back of the bib number. If you lose or do not put on bib number, you will not be timed. There will be a timing split at the turn around location. You will not qualify for an award if you do not cross the timing split at the turn around. Results will be posted at results table post race and online right after event. Live race results will be available at http://mauimarathon.com/timing/
FINISHER MEDALS/FINISHERS SHIRT
A commemorative finisher medal will be given to runners in all events as they come through the finish line. Your participant shirt can be picked up at the Health And Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday and sizes can be exchanged on race day and the day after the races are done if shirts have not been worn and the correct size is available. T-Shirts can be exchanged at the expo room in the same location that t-shirts were given out – race day from 12:00-2:00pm, day after from 8:00am-10:00am.
Finishers medal and divisional age placement medals are not the same. Everyone who crosses the finish line will receive a finishers medal, but you must place in your age division to receive a divisional medal.