Overall Course Details
There are some elevation rises within the course but nothing over 200ft.
- The start line for the full marathon is on Ho’okele Street near Hana Hwy.
- The start for the half marathon, 10k and the 5k are the same location as the finish.
- The finish line for all of the races is the Kaanapali Resort.
- Mile markers will be positioned along the course at every mile.
- Live results will be available on race day as the runners come though the finish line.
- Please limit the use of cell phones during the race.
- Please do not use headphones while going though aid stations or if you see emergency vehicles on the road way or along side of the road.
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Absolutely no coaches, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the race course at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Assistance received from any other source than an official of the Maui Marathon may result in disqualification.
- The road is not closed to vehicular traffic. As such, it is imperative that you stay within the cones marking the course. Any deviations from the marked course can result in a disqualification and serious injury.
- The Maui Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. Please see their website for specifics on qualifying.
Course Support and Aid Stations
- Energy Gels will be available at the later stage of the marathon and half marathon course.
- Gatorade (lemon lime flavor) and will be available at each aid station on the course.
- Water from Menehune Water Company will also be available at each aid station on the course. To avoid bottlenecks, all hydration stations will have Gatorade tables set-up first, then water. Please keep moving even after you pick up your drink. If you wish to slow down to drink, do so after you have passed all tables. For your safety, take fluids only at the official stations.
- Water will be available at the start line and water and Gatorade will be available at the finish line.
- There will be 18 Course Aid Stations.
- Paramedic van patrols will be along the course.
- Medical aid stations are located along the course and at the finish line. Medical tents are marked by a large red flag that bears a white cross.
- Porta Potties and/or bathrooms are located at each aid station, the start line and finish line.
Aid Station Locations and Sponsors
We would like to thank all of our sponsors for supporting our participants on race day:
Mile 2 –
Mile 4 –
Mile 3 –
Mile 6 – Walmart – Lahaina
Mile 8 –
Mile 10 –
Mile 11 –
Mile 13 –
Mile 14 –
Mile 16 –
Mile 17 –
Mile 18 –
Mile 19 –
Mile 20 –
Mile 21 –
Mile 22 –
Mile 23 –
Mile 24 –
Mile 25 –
GP Roadway will begin coning at 2:30 am (Sunday) along the entire course. All road coning will be final at 5:00 am (Sunday). Races start on Sunday at 5:00 am for the full marathon and 6:00 am for the half marathon, 6:15 am for the 10k and 6:30 am for the 5k. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis. All drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time within and around the race course.
The Maui Marathon is looking for individuals and/or groups to volunteer their time and enthusiasm on race day by providing entertainment along the course for athletes. Musicians and entertainers of all talent levels, sizes and artistic backgrounds are invited to join in the fun and celebration.
Let us know your area of interest or talent and we’ll help you bring it all together. There are a variety of locations on the race course where we can give you some exposure to the athletes and community while you provide a great source of support for the athletes along the course on race day.
For details, please contact us.
Course Time Limits
Marathon – 8 hours (1:00 pm)
Half Marathon – 4 hours (10:00 am)
10K – 3 hours (9:15 am)
5K – 2 1/2 hours (9:00 am)
- The course will open back up to traffic on a rolling schedule starting from the full marathon.
- Under no circumstances may participants be on the course before the official start time.
- Starting your run prior to the official start time will result in disqualification.
- If participants choose to continue after the course closes, they do so at their own risk and will be asked by the Maui Police Department to move up to the sidewalks.
The Maui Marathon will be timed using an RFID timing system, as well as disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery and has no weight. There will be live results as the runners cross the timing mats out on the course. The location of the timing mats will be:
- The Full Marathon Start
- Full Marathon 10k spot – Live Results
- Full Marathon half way spot – Live Results
- Half Marathon, 10k and 5k start
- Half Marathon turn around spot – Live Results
- Finish Line. – Live Results
In order to have split times and finish times your bib must be worn visibly throughout the race or you will not get times.
- There is no need to return the chips post race
- Official time results available online. The URL will be posted here weeks before the race.
- No chip/race number. No time. No exceptions.